Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Share Contacts via Bluetooth in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat

Samsung Galaxy S5 has been equipped with some connectivity features that can be used to transfer or share contacts to other devices, one of which is by using Bluetooth. By utilizing Bluetooth, you can send a single contact or multiple contacts at once to another Bluetooth-enabled device with ease.


How to send contacts via Bluetooth?
There are some methods that can be used to transfer or share contacts via Bluetooth, but this time I'm going to show you how to do so from the Contacts app by using two different methods.


Method #1
This method can be used if you want to send a single contact via Bluetooth. See the following steps to do so:
  1. Open Contacts app.
  2. If needed, tap the Contacts tab to view your contacts list.
  3. Tap the required contact.
  4. Tap or long press the Recent apps key to open up the additional options and then select Share name card.
  5. Tap Bluetooth.
  6. If Bluetooth is off, you'll be asked to turn it on. Tap the Turn on button to turn on Bluetooth.
  7. Tap the required device you want to share with. FYI, the device that receives the file may need to confirm to accept the file first before the file can be sent completely.
  8. The selected contact has been sent to the selected device.


Method #2
This method can be used if you want to send multiple contacts at once via Bluetooth. See the following steps to do so:
  1. Open Contacts app.
  2. If needed, tap the Contacts tab to view your contacts list.
  3. Tap or long press the Recent apps key to open up the additional options and then tap Select.
  4. Select the required contacts you want to share via Bluetooth.
  5. Tap and then select Bluetooth.
  6. If the Bluetooth is off, you'll be asked to turn it on. Tap the Turn on button to turn on Bluetooth.
  7. Tap the required device you want to share with. FYI, the device that receives the file may need to confirm to accept the file first before the file can be sent completely.
  8. The selected contacts have been sent to the selected device.

2 comments:

  1. Hie

    Can you please tell me where can I find the shared .VCF file in my storage. Because I accidentally deleted the contacts from both the phones. That is from the Phone I shared and to phone to which I shared. Please it will be helpful
    Thank you

    Model J5 and S3
    Shared from J5 to S3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I have a samsung note 4. When I upgraded to Lollipop I had severe issues. Most have been resolved. But when I try to share a a contact if I hold down the button at the top all I get is a little box that says more options but I cannot press it. Is anyone else having this problem. How can I share contacts. Any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)